It’s interesting the kind of effects that occur just because you’re trying something new. If I had tried to make blurry lines, chances are, I wouldn‘t have been able to make it like this.
What happened here was that I’d removed some previous paint by wiping it away with a damp cloth, leaving the surface still a little bit wet. Then with my new layer of paint, I went over the top. I don’t often see acrylic paint bleeding like this, but think it could be because the previous layers had little tooth to them, and the surface was still damp.
I didn’t end up keeping this effect, but interesting to learn how it can be done.